Immerse yourself in the history and luxury that make Como Melbourne’s most glamorous stately home.
Built in 1847, Como House and Garden is an intriguing mix of Australian Regency and classic Italianate architecture.
Como offers a glimpse into the privileged lifestyle of former owners, the Armytage family, who lived there for nearly a century.
The Armytages became famous amongst Melbourne high society and equally famous for their many elegant dances, dinners and receptions. Those elegant dining and reception rooms are still furnished with Armytage family heirlooms and even the servant’s areas, kitchen and laundry have been preserved.
The gardens at Como are now open with additional health and safety measure in place, click here for details.
Como House remains closed until further notice, including tours.
To receive updates about our reopening plans, please subscribe to our mailing list.
COMO retail shop
Open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 3.30pm.
The Rose Street Market has set up shop at Como House, showcasing the work of local artisans and crafters, including that of artist Clare Whitney.
Maximum capacity of 8 people at a time.
THE STABLES OF COMO CAFE
Please contact The Stables of Como for further information, click here or call 9827 6886.
Open Monday to Saturday 9 am to 5 pm, Sunday 10 am to 5 pm
Conditions of Entry
– Visitors over 12 years old must wear a face mask
– You must register your details with us upon entering the gardens by scanning the QR code
– Observe personal health and hygiene measures, as well as safe social distancing signage and contactless transactions
– Please note that areas may be partially closed off to implement safety protocols.
Please stay at home if any of the following apply:
– You are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (fever, sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath)
– You have been in close contact with a person who had tested positive for COVID-19
– You (or one of your close contacts) are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
The National Trust of Australia (Victoria) has prepared a COVID Safe Plan to minimise the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission occurring to stakeholders, staff, volunteers, contractors and visitors. This plan is based on a review of risks to operations, both offices, gardens and spaces open to the public. View and download the document here.