The Intranet contains secure information and services for Staff & Volunteers. Please contact [email protected] if you require a login.
Seeking high performers driven by giving back to the community
Thank you for considering a career with The National Trust of Australia (Victoria). The National Trust is built on the power of the community.
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of that.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
Listed below are current permanent, fixed-term and casual vacancies. Please click on the vacancy for full details and instructions on how to apply.
- 1 day per week
- National Trust Head Office
- Rate: $23.45 per hour (Grade 2A, Enterprise Agreement) plus superannuation if applicable
The National Trust of Australia (Victoria) (NTAV) is an independent, non-profit organisation supported by a large community base. We are Victoria’s premier heritage and conservation organisation and the major operator of historic properties and sites open to the public across Victoria.
About the role:
The National Trust is seeking a Customer Service Officer to support our small and dynamic Bookings, while helping us to grow our impact and reach our sales targets. You will provide administrative and customer service support as well as coordinating payments processing. You will be highly motivated, energetic and well experienced customer service professional.
Reporting to the Events & Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Administrative duties
- Respond to general function and event enquiries in a professional and efficient manner via phone and email
- Efficiently complete the processing and coordination of a range of confirmed bookings including, but not limited to; group bookings, membership, education, school holidays programs, corporate and other bookings and customer service enquiries
- Work within the team to achieve shared goals and targets
- Process payments for incoming and outstanding bookings
- List events on online portals
To be successful in this role:
- You’re passionate about Heritage and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have the ability to deliver great customer experiences (sales based experience desirable)
- You’re willing to learn and embrace our unique style of service.
- You have strong people skills — you’re approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You have the highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- You’re willing to follow processes and solve problems.
- You’re willing to work under pressure
- You have excellent time management skills and can make decisions quickly.
- You maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving issues.
Sound like you?
Applications will close once a suitable candidate is found. To submit your application in PDF format, in strict confidence, please email [email protected]
Thank you for considering helping the National Trust of Australia (Victoria). The National Trust is built on the power of the community.
Any offer of employment at the National Trust of Australia (Vic) will be subject to a satisfactory Police Records check and Working with Children check.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply
An exciting opportunity exists to become part of Australia’s premier heritage and conservation organisation! Great career opportunity with enjoyable new challenges!
- Unique heritage properties
- Diverse role with excellent opportunities
- Mornington Locations
The National Trust of Australia (Victoria) is a community – based, non-government organisation committed to promoting and conserving Australia’s heritage for future generations to enjoy. Founded in 1956, it has since grown to become Australia’s largest community based, heritage conservation organisation that works as an independent, privately funded, not-for-profit body. It is the premier heritage and conservation organisation in Victoria and the major operator of house museums and historic properties open to the public.
The National Trust seeks a property manager to plan for and manage the growth of three Mornington Peninsular National Trust Properties to deliver a compelling visitor experience that maximises profitability, promotes the Trust Brand and broadens Australian’s appreciation of our heritage. Reporting to the Assets Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of the day to day operations of Mulberry Hill, McCrae Homestead & Endeavour Fern Gully.
- Managing site security including the opening and closing process of the property and alarm control
- Managing a team of volunteers; including recruitment, training and rostering
- Leading the day to day activities of all volunteers including working bees with volunteers, community groups and schools
- Providing a high standard of customer service to all visitors
- Arranging tours, talks and visitor experiences including operation of refreshment area on open days
- Ensure buildings, gardens and collections are conserved and maintained
- Monitor and report on the presentation and condition of the property
- Undertake basic preventive conservation measures as directed
- Develop and implement events and functions schedule for the Mornington Properties
- Develop relationships and ongoing partnerships with local businesses and members of the community
- Experience in the tourism, hospitality or service industries role preferred
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills ability to prioritise and plan work activities
- Excellent negotiation and mediation skills
- Honed problem solving skills – Thinks through problems and anticipates consequences and considers alternative actions
- Demonstrated interest in heritage and conservation
- Experience in customer service provision and retail sales
- Demonstrated property & people management skills
- Self-motivated and have a track record of performance and success
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Word, Excel
- Essential – Drivers Licence
Closing date for applications: Friday 12th April. To submit your PDF application, in strict confidence.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply