The Intranet contains secure information and services for Staff & Volunteers. Please contact email@example.com if you require a login.
Seeking high performers driven by giving back to the community
Thank you for considering a career with The National Trust of Australia (Victoria). The National Trust is built on the power of the community.
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of that.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies.
Listed below are current permanent, fixed-term and casual vacancies. Please click on the vacancy for full details and instructions on how to apply.
The National Trust of Australia (Victoria) is seeking a Learning Facilitator to join our team.
The successful candidate will deliver and coordinate a newly developed education program which includes Indigenous and non-Indigenous activities, stories and history to be presented to group education bookings and to the general public. The position is primarily located at McCrae Homestead and is on a casual basis.
Reporting to the Mornington Peninsula Properties Manager and the Cultural Engagement Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver an education program which includes Indigenous and non-Indigenous activities, stories and history
- Facilitate tours for booked groups (primarily education) to the public, and coordinate aspects of group activities on the day
- Deliver presentations according to agreed session plans and guide notes
- Work with National Trust staff to improve the presentation and interpretation of the education program/site
- Work as part of a team andpossibly work at other National Trust sites as required
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Education background in primary or secondary levels desirable
- Tourism guide experience and/or qualifications in running educational programs
- Relevant post-secondary/tertiary qualifications.
- Excellent presentation skills and outgoing, friendly, confident manner
- Passion for history and heritage issues
- Interest in role play models of educational delivery
- Well organised and good time management
- Confidently manage a group of adults and children with a wide range of school ages to mixed age members of the public
- Working with Children check
- Willingness to work some full day, half day and weekend shifts where required
- Willingness to wear and maintain assigned costume(s)
- Willingness to have your photo taken for promotional and visitor purposes
This position will commence in January 2019.
Any offer of employment at the National Trust of Australia (Vic) will be subject to a satisfactory Police Records check and/or Working with Children check.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply
To apply please send a PDF copy of your CV and cover letter (max 2 page each) to the People and Culture Department firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close once a suitable candidate is found.