Terms & Conditions of Entry
Welcome to Como House and Gardens, we hope you enjoy your visit today. By entering Como House and Gardens, each person agrees to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Public Entry.
Conditions of Entry
- The right of admission to Como House and Gardens is reserved. Como House and Gardens reserves the right to: exclude or remove the public or any other person from any building, or part of any building, managed or controlled by Como House and Gardens. In particular, we reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, any persons who are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive or who is not entitled to attend an event. Any person who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests, or if Como House and Gardens is unable to provide an appropriate level of service, management may remove any person from the property.
- Unauthorised persons are prohibited from entering Como House and Gardens and any other area not accessible by the public.
- Patrons must not wear or display commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos, sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written approval of Como House and Gardens management.
- Patrons must wear footwear at all times which will protect them against injury.
- Patrons are not permitted to pick, remove or taking cuttings from any plants in the Garden.
- Dogs should be kept on a lead at all times and should not be allowed to disturb garden beds, Patrons are responsible for tiding up after their dog and disposing of any waste responsibly.
- Ball games of any sort are prohibited around the grounds and building.
- Patrons who are, in the opinion of management, offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety may also be refused entry into Como House and Gardens.
- Bags and other items may be subject to inspection and patrons may be searched. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to Como House and Gardens.
- Items which, in the opinion of management, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person will not be permitted into Como House and Gardens. Some of these include controlled, dangerous or illegal substances, bottles, flares, fireworks, laser pointers, loud hailers, horns, vuvuzelas and weapons of any description and may include certain musical instruments, flags and flagpoles and any other items considered by management to have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken on to or out of the premises. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors.
- Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including, without limitation, photographic, video or sound recordings) of the event without the prior written approval of management. Such recordings may be confiscated or erased. Any recordings or recording devices which are confiscated will become the property of the management.
- Patrons assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at Como House and Gardens. Customers bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. Management will not be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a customer’s personal property
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes is prohibited in all areas of Como House and Gardens. Patrons who smoke or who fail to obey a direction from Management or another authorised person to cease smoking in Como House and Gardens commit an offence against the Act, to which fines apply; and may be immediately evicted from Como House and Gardens.
- Patrons with tickets purchased at a concessional price must have available on entry into the Centre proof of age or other documents justifying such concession.
- Patrons may not be admitted if their tickets are damaged or defaced or their tickets have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent.
- Persons under the age of 12 must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times. The Licensor and the Hirer reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, Como House and Gardens or to refer to the police any persons under the age of 12 who are without adult supervision.
- An event may be cancelled, delayed or stopped due to dangerous situations or hot weather for any other cause beyond the management’s control. Patrons may make a claim to Como House and Gardens only for a replacement ticket if an event is rescheduled or for a refund of the appropriate amount of the face price of the ticket if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
Groups of 16+ are considered a commercial booking and should contact our Bookings team or National Trust staff to organising booking the venue.
The following items are not permitted to be taken into the Como House & Garden:
- Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Incendiary devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
- Firearms and explosives
- Chemical, radioactive or biological substances
- Laser lights
- Aerosol Cans
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates
- Professional cameras, audio recording devices, without management approval
- Chairs/ Stools, or oversized items will not be permitted into the venue
- Glass (including bottles) or cans, drink containers and plastic bottles above 750ml
- Unauthorised electrical or gas equipment
- Unauthorised advertising material or flyers
- Musical instruments
- Any other item that in the opinion of management could cause harm or public nuisance.
Your cooperation in adhering to these terms of entry is appreciated