Como House is an important Melbourne icon and a wonderful introduction to the past lives of a Melbourne family in the 1890s.
We offer a full day program with professional facilitators who will run a variety of activities for Preparatory to Yr 6 for groups of between 30 and 60 students.
This is an ideal program for Then and Now activities and covers curriculum requirtements in History and Geography for those year levels.
Como House is a beautiful nineteenth century mansion and garden with a remarkable family history.
The program explores the story of the wealthy pastoralist Armytage family who lived at Como from the nineteenth and into the twentieth centuries.
Our costumed servants will introduce students to the complex social world of a family the 19th Century.
- introduction to past Melbourne
- 19th Century dance
- tour of the mansion and an explanantion of the family who lived here
- servants work in the laundry
- tour of the kitchen
- special servant games include The Witers Rqace and Which Bell is that?
- mystery object game
- games and sports from the past
Make a Booking or get more information by clicking the link below.