result thumbnail

Beleura House and Garden

vic
Beleura is an associated property with the National Trust. Members receive discounted entry.   Built in 1864 by James Butchart, the wealthiest man in the colony of Victoria, Beleura comprises twelve acres of pleasure gardens surrounding a Classical style villa designed by architect Joseph Reed. A monthly music program presents
more More
result thumbnail

Mills Cottage

vic
The earliest part of Mills Cottage dates back to c.1843, making it possibly one of Victoria's oldest homes.
more
result thumbnail

Waller House

vic
Announcement:  18 March 2020 Please note Waller House is temporarily closed until further notice. Make sure to visit our website for all up to date information or email bookings@nattrust.com.au with any booking related inquiries.    The history of Waller House is often associated with the life and career of noted
more Book now
result thumbnail

Como House and Garden – closed

vic
Built in 1847, Como House and Garden is an intriguing mix of Australian Regency and classic Italianate architecture. Como offers a glimpse into the privileged lifestyle of former owners, the Armytage family, who lived there for nearly a century. The Armytages became famous amongst Melbourne high society and equally famous
more Book now
result thumbnail

Old Melbourne Gaol

vic
Today you can visit the Old Melbourne Gaol and find out what life was like for the men and women who lived and died here. Explore all three levels including the execution area and see Ned Kelly’s death mask. Rent our new audio guide and explore the original Gaol or join the
more
result thumbnail

Rippon Lea Estate – closed

vic
Rippon Lea is a National Heritage Listed heritage site and one of the last surviving examples of a grand estates.
more Book now
result thumbnail

Tasma Terrace

vic
The headquarters of the National Trust (Victoria), Tasma Terrace has a gift shop and features regular exhibitions and other events throughout the year.
more
result thumbnail

The Briars

vic
Situated at Mount Martha on the Mornington Peninsula, The Briars is a beautiful, rural property.
more
result thumbnail

The Federal Standard Printing Works

vic
One of the few substantially intact provincial newspaper printeries remaining from the gold mining era.
more
result thumbnail

The Heights

vic
Prefabricated in Hamburg, Germany, the Heights was erected in 1854 and is the largest dwelling of its kind in Victoria.
more
result thumbnail

McCrae Homestead

vic
McCrae Homestead is one of Victoria's oldest homesteads and is a physical reminder of the early pioneering life.
more
result thumbnail

Mooramong

vic
Hollywood comes to the homestead at this 1860s country house revamped for an Australian millionaire and his movie star wife.
more
result thumbnail

Mott’s Cottage

vic
Constructed in three stages, the oldest section of this cottage dates from 1850 or earlier.
more
result thumbnail

Mulberry Hill

vic
Home of Daryl Lindsay who founded the National Gallery of Victoria and Joan Lindsay author of Picnic at Hanging Rock.
more
result thumbnail

Nehill Brothers’ Farm Living History Reserve

vic
Home of the Large Black Pig and other Australian heritage farm animal breeds.
more
result thumbnail

Polly Woodside tall ship and museum

vic
All aboard for adventure on Melbourne's favourite tall ship
more
result thumbnail

Portable Iron Houses

vic
Get an insight into life during the Gold Rush era when you visit one of the few remaining pre-fabricated iron buildings in the world.
more
result thumbnail

Portarlington Mill

vic
At one time there were over 250 flour mills in Victoria. Constructed of local sandstone and timbers, Portarlington Mill is a significant example of the earliest mills.
more
result thumbnail

Barwon Grange

vic
The only surviving example of the many fashionable river front residences built along the Barwon River during the 1850s and 1860s for the wealthy of Geelong.
more
result thumbnail

Barwon Park Mansion

vic
Barwon Park is an authentic bluestone mansion and stables set in a sweeping rural landscape.
more
result thumbnail

Dow’s Pharmacy

vic
Built in 1859, the pharmacy remained open until 1968 and was operated by Hilda and Roy Dow from 1929.
more
Load More
loader spinner