|Mulberry Hill is a historical house and estate, open on Sundays for guided tours, and available for wedding, function, group tour and education bookings. The Spencer Leason Reserve, located on the property is open daily.|
|Mulberry Hill is renowned as the home of Sir Daryl and Lady Joan Lindsay. Designed by Harold Desbrowe Annear, this magnificent American Colonial style-home was built in 1926 as an extension to a pre-existing 1880s weatherboard cottage.|
Sir Daryl Lindsay was the Director of the National Gallery of Victoria from 1941-1956, and was knighted for his services to Australian Art in 1957. In addition, he was an accomplished artist, and assisted in founding the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) in 1956, being its inaugural president for seven years.
Lady Joan Lindsay is most recognised for her novel, "Picnic at Hanging Rock," and wrote several publications, as well as being an artist. Lady Lindsay’s autobiographical text, "Time without Clocks," is a reminiscent text detailing the Lindsay’s lives together with wonderful descriptions of Mulberry Hill and social commentary about the arts and social history of the time.
The house and its contents, a collection of Australian art, Georgian furniture and glassware, and Staffordshire ceramics, was bequeathed to the National Trust by Sir Daryl and Lady Joan Lindsay.