2020 Darwin Heritage Festival Coordinator
Great opportunity to deliver the 2020 Darwin Heritage Festival
Festival is between 18 April and 19 May 2020
Festival theme is ‘Our Heritage for the Future’
Unleash your creativity, exercise your people and organisational skills, become a part-time festival coordinator. The National Trust (NT) are looking for a passionate person to lead this year’s Darwin Heritage Festival, an enriching month of community events such as exhibitions, talks, immersive experiences, tours, seminars and workshops.
It takes many people working behind the scenes to make our Darwin Heritage Festival happen, and our Volunteers are the heart and soul of the festival. The Festival invites everyone to bring heritage to life through ceremony; song and dance; performance art; exhibitions of visual art; talks on history, books and stories.
There is a small grant available up to $6000 for the Festival coordinator’s role this year.
2020 Heritage Festival Coordinator
- The coordinator’s role is to work with the Festival committee to develop and oversee the delivery of the 2020 Festival.
- Collaborate closely with The Larrakeyah Branch Committee and volunteers, guests and other community and government contributors, sponsors and supporters.
- You will have opportunities to add creative and new ideas and scope initiatives that will complement the 2020 Festival.
- You will bring your organisational skills, ability to multi-task, self-motivation and experience.
- Highly regarded is your ability to conduct stakeholder relationships especially within a volunteer workforce in a multi-cultural environment.
- You will be expected to work from home and use your own phone, computer and means of transport.
- You will be expected to become familiar with Trust’s online booking system.
- The primary responsibility is to ensure that the festival is representative of Darwin’s heritage and is well attended.
Key timelines and deliverables for 2020:
- Start asap
- Liaison with community groups underway by February
- Attendance at and input to Festival planning meetings
- Developed program of events by mid-March
- Ensure events are representative of Darwin’s demographic
- Marketing and publicity plan endorsed by 1 April
- Program finalised and distributed by mid-April
- Satisfactory delivery of scheduled Festival events
- Achieve minimum of break-even financial results
- Conduct patrons satisfaction survey
- Provide final report covering all aspects of the Festival by end May 2020
For more information please contact Chris on 0418813088
Please email your Expression of Interest with a brief statement of your capability to perform the role to