A spring celebration of traditional trades and local stories
Bring the family along for a wholesome day out at the historic Gulf Station in Yarra Glen, and discover this piece of pioneer history frozen in time.
Enjoy a range of traditional activities for all ages, including butter churning, rope making, rare trade demonstrations and much more.
Discover fascinating displays including a model train railway, vintage hand tools, working horses, rare breeds and farm animals.
Purchase tasty treats from local food vendors or bring a picnic to enjoy in the sprawling grounds. Browse market stalls and support local retailers, groups and clubs.
The historic homestead, outbuildings and gardens will be open to visitors with guided tours throughout the day or wander at your own pace with a self-guided tour.
Heritage Festival Program:
- Guided tours of the historic homestead and garden, which was first established in the 1850s
- Demonstrations by members of the Australian Blacksmith Association, tool making by Adams Coopering, and learn traditional rope making techniques.
- Try your hand at butter churning and apple coring using traditional methods and equipment.
- Working Horses, rare breed and farm animals.
- Vintage model trains and steam engine demonstrations.
- Tasty treats including Woodfire Pizza and Strawberries and Cream, as well as a Sausage Sizzle and Coffee Cart.
Gulf Station is a signature property of The National Trust of Australia (Victoria), the leading heritage and conservation organisation in the state. The NTAV is an independent non-profit organisation, supported by a large community and member base and is committed to conserving and protecting Victoria’s heritage for future generations to enjoy.
Gulf Station is open to the public on the first Thursday and Last Sunday of each month.