The Heights Heritage House and Garden

0 items in your cart

The Heights Heritage House and Garden

The last owner of The Heights, Louis Whyte, enjoyed surfing and collecting cars. Visit the stables and see his 1957 Daimler parked there!

He and his wife, a keen gardener, renovated the house in the 1930s. Stroll the gardens and relish their beauty, a tribute to both Marnie Whyte and the Ibbotsons, the original owners.

What We Offer

  • Guided tours
  • Education services
  • Filming/photography locations
 
Heights History

Built in 1855, the largest prefabricated house in Victoria. Owned by three generations of the one family; bequeathed to the National Trust in 1975.

Stables, water tower, groom's cottage and dovecote all in original condition.

Opening hours

September to April: 1st,2nd & 3rd Sunday of the month, 1pm-4pm. May to August: First Sunday of the month, 1pm-4pm Please note The Heights will be closed for visitors on Sunday 1 December for a private function. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.


Address

140 Aphrasia Street
Newtown 3220 VIC


Phone

03 5221 3510


Entry fees

House TourĀ  & Garden entry NT members are free. Adults $10,Concession:$7, Children:$4, Family:$20 (2 Adults+ 2 Children