Our collections are a major asset that supports our research, story-telling and learning. We are always interested in items with a relationship to our properties, places and their people, as well as items with an association with Australia or which represent the lives of Victoria’s diverse communities.
We encourage members of the public to contact our Collections and Cultural Projects team if they have an item they believe may be of interest.
Please do not leave items for donation at our properties without speaking to a member of the Collections and Cultural Projects team first.
To assess whether an item fits within our acceptance criteria, please email us with the following:
- Photographs of the item(s)
- How did you come to own the item?
- Does it have a relationship to one of our properties or collections?
- What condition is the item in?
- What is the history of the item?
- Who were the previous owners (if known) and do you have any documentation to confirm this?
Please send this information to us via email at email@example.com or to speak to a member of the team, please phone (03) 9656 9800.
We only provide tax certificates for donations that meet the criteria under the Cultural Gifts program.
Please note we receive a large number of donations offers, which we assess on a case by case basis. It may take several weeks before we make a decision and respond to your offer.