This program aims to provide students with an insight into the school lives of primary-aged children in the early 1800s, the exploration of Australia and the lives of the early colonists.
Stage 2 & 3
Students will participate in a school lesson role play where they learn the school rules, etiquette, maths, spelling and currency of the time. During the house tour, students learn about exploration and its effect on the lives of the first Australians.
- Stage 2 – First Contacts
- Stage 3 – The Australian Colonies
- EXPERIENCE an 1815 classroom in an interactive lesson
- EXAMINE European exploration and colonisation in Australian and its impact on the first Australians
- DEVELOP an understanding and empathy for different social groups in the colony
- EXPLORE the significant people involved in the development and expansion of the colony
- Stage 2 – HT2-2, HT2-3, HT2-4, HT2-5
- Stage 3 – HT3-1, HT3-2, HT3-3, HT3-4, HT3-5
Number of Students – 45 max
Teachers 1 per 10 students FOC (Max 4) extra adults are charged at student rate
Duration – 90 minutes
Sessions – 10am – 11:30am & 12:30pm – 2pm
Cost – $8 per student
Bookings – (02) 9635 8149
Joint Bookings – with The Thief, The Farmer and The Surgeon at Experiment Farm Cottage, for a reduced cost of $12.00 for two programs.
Please note the Stage 1 version of this program is Slates and Chamberpots