The National Trust (NSW) is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 75 years.
Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
If you’re thinking about joining us and have questions about the role or would like to learn more, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 02 9258 0159 or email email@example.com.
Current positions vacant
Site Supervisor, City and South – Bushland Management Services (BMS)
The National Trust of Australia (NSW) is Australia’s pioneering Natural Area Restoration NGO and its Bushland Management Services (BMS) Division has been in continuous operation for over 38 years.
BMS provides a range of services to public and private landowners who require quality expertise in managing conservation of bushland and biodiversity in the Greater Sydney region. The goal of the National Trust’s Bushland Management team is to advocate and implement best practice methods for natural area restoration and management of our natural areas.
We are seeking a Site Supervisor in our City and South Sydney region for a permanent full-time role.
Applicants must have a passion for bush regeneration and natural area restoration and have the experience and capacity to lead and develop their team to reach their full potential. You need to be competent in the use of technology, have a qualification in regeneration techniques and a desire to be the best in the business.
The National Trust values motivated staff and rewards them by:
- Offering professional opportunities for growth.
- Offering interesting and challenging projects in a supportive team environment.
- Actively encouraging employee feedback, initiative and ownership of projects.
- Offering great remuneration packages.
BMS is currently in a growth period and this is a rare opportunity to become part of the National Trust Bush Regeneration Team on a permanent basis.
What you’ve got: the essentials
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Cert III or Diploma in Conservation and Land Management.
- Thorough knowledge of indigenous and introduced plant species.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability.
- Great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS requirements and EEO principles.
- Great communication, client relationship and negotiation skills.
- The ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Physically fit for the inherent requirements of the role
- Current NSW Drivers Licence (manual vehicle).
- Current Chemical Certificate AQF3.
- OHS Green/White Card.
- Tech savvy and ability to apply this knowledge to an android platform
- Fully vaccinated
- Full work rights in Australia
Also good to have – the desirables
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Positive attitude to work and ability to actively promote the services of the National Trust of Australia (NSW) to clients.
- Mechanically inclined.
We are looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for natural area restoration and conservation, like to lead by example and want to share their knowledge with their team to build a great crew. If this sounds like the environment you’ve been looking for, send your resume and a covering letter addressing the job essentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries email email@example.com.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia and be fully vaccinated to apply for this role.
Tender Manager - Bushland Management Services (BMS)
- Location Sydney, NSW
- Job Type Full-time
- Category Business
- Sectors : Natural Restoration, Heritage
- Reports to: Director BMS
The National Trust (NSW) is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
The National Trust (NSW) is seeking a results driven Business Manager to join the BMS team. The successful candidate will manage our tender processes and review our systems to ensure we are a thriving and profitable business. You will be accountable for increasing our revenue through savvy business management, responsive tendering and seeking out new opportunities across the Greater Sydney region.
You will work in close collaboration with the Director BMS and Regional Managers to ensure all work is delivered on time and budget to the highest standard. Proven commercial acumen and an ability to build strong relationships across the business are all essential qualities, as you will be working with a diverse group of stakeholders. While this will be a very hands-on role, you will need to be strategic if you are to meet your targets. Your greatest challenge will be to deliver outstanding results within the constraints of a tender-driven market and this will require some creative thinking on how we can best leverage our expertise in the field.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Director BMS, the Business Manager BMS will be responsible for:
- Overall monitoring of the output of the BMS teams
- Liaison with staff, suppliers and clients to ensure compliance with WHS regulations, environmental regulations and quality control measures
- Tendering and quoting for potential clients in both the public and private sectors, including:
- Analysing and responding to the requirements set out in the Request For Tender.
- Developing a compelling proposal that meets the Tender requirements and ensures the Tender stands out from other bids
- Producing, in conjunction with the BMS Director, a flexible pricing structure that is competitive and profitable
- Supporting the BMS Director with management of the BMS Integrated Management System, including external audits
- Supporting the Regional managers in the use and application of Workflow Max and Formstak Software, including general audit of the systems
- Sourcing and ordering all general materials and supplies to ensure the most competitive prices are obtained
- Identifying and applying for new business opportunities, as appropriate and as directed
- Supporting BMS Director as required with day to day running of the division to ensure its smooth and efficient operation
- As a person known for your integrity and strong business sense, you have a solid track record of delivering commercial outcomes at both a strategic and tactical level, with proven results across a diverse mix of undertakings;
- You have a deep knowledge of current trends in bush regeneration methodologies and ecological conservation and landscape management practices and are nimble enough to adapt what you know to the organisation’s situation and circumstance;
- You possess superior communication, relationship, diplomacy, project management, financial and systems knowledge and can successfully navigate a complex matrix of internal and external stakeholders.
Ultimately what makes this a truly special job will be your ability to impact the commercial success of the BMS operations and ensure its sustainability into the future.
For any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be fully vaccinated and have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to: email@example.com
Field Crew – Bushland Management Services
The National Trust is Australia’s pioneering Natural Area Restoration NGO, with over 45 years of experience in Bush Regeneration. We are seeking to employ qualified and passionate Bush Regenerators on a casual basis who have completed or are currently enrolled in a Certificate 3 in Conservation and Land Management (CLM3).
You must be motivated, hard-working, and keen to learn and share our passion for conservation work. Multiple positions are available Sydney wide – ranging from the Northern Beaches to Sutherland, and as far west as the Blue Mountains.
Work will vary day to day, but could include bush regeneration, planting jobs, noxious weed control, erosion control & instream fortification works, burn prep or asset protection works.
Five day availability is preferred but three to four consistent days’ availability will be considered for experienced applicants.
The National Trust values motivated staff and rewards employees by
- Offering professional opportunities for growth and flexibility
- Offering interesting and challenging projects in a supportive team environment
- Actively encourages employee feedback and ownership of projects
- Paying above industry awards rates
Essential selection criteria
- Cert II or III in Conservation and Land Management or current enrolment
- Willing to undertake Conservation and Land Management training
- Experience working with Green Army will be considered
- Current Chemical Certificate AQF3
- Knowledge of local native and exotic plant species and invasive weeds
- Current Drivers Licence and own vehicle
- Willingness to travel for up to an hour to work each day
- OHS Green/White Card
- Physically fit for the inherent requirements of the role
- Ability to work as part of a team and under direct supervision
- Strong work ethic
- Fully vaccinated
Desirable selection Criteria
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Certificate in Chainsaw Operations (level 1) and experience using chainsaws
- Demonstrated experience using brushcutters and augers
- Demonstrated experience in herbicide spraying using backpacks and high-volume units
- Previous bush regeneration experience highly regarded
- Field ID skills for relevant flora and fauna highly regarded
- Other relevant training and/or experience (e.g. Horticulture, B. EnvSci) will be considered
This is a great opportunity to be part of a great new role with a growing company. We are looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for natural area restoration and conservation, like to lead by example and want to share their knowledge with their team to build a great crew.
If this sounds like the environment you’ve been looking for, send your resume and a covering letter addressing the job essentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register which region you would like to work in (North, City and South or West) in the subject header of your email.
You must have full rights to work in Australia and be fully vaccinated to apply.