Site Supervisor, Bush Regeneration, National Trust of Australia (NSW)
- Location: National Trust Centre (NTC) Observatory Hill, Millers Point, Sydney
- Job Type: Full-time (Permanent)
- Category: Business
- Sectors: Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Reports to: Bush Management Field Staff
- Salary: $75,196
The National Trust of Australia (NSW) is Australia’s pioneering Natural Area Restoration NGO and its Bushland Management Services (BMS) Division has been in continuous operation for over 38 years.
BMS provides a range of services to public and private landowners who require quality expertise in managing the conservation of bushland and biodiversity in the Greater Sydney region. The goal of the National Trust’s Bushland Management team is to advocate and implement best practice methods for natural area restoration and management of our natural areas.
Due to expansion, we are seeking: Site Supervisors for permanent full-time roles.
Applicants must have a passion for bush regeneration and natural area restoration and have the experience and capacity to lead and develop their team to reach their full potential. You need to be competent in the use of technology, have a qualification in regeneration techniques and a desire to be the best in the business.
The National Trust values motivated staff and reward them by:
⦁ Offering professional opportunities for growth.
⦁ Offering interesting and challenging projects in a supportive team environment.
⦁ Actively encouraging employee feedback, initiative, and ownership of projects.
⦁ Offering great remuneration packages.
This is a rare opportunity to become part of the National Trust Bush Regeneration Team on a permanent basis.
What you’ve got: the essentials
⦁ At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
⦁ Cert III or Diploma in Conservation and Land Management.
⦁ Thorough knowledge of indigenous and introduced plant species.
⦁ Excellent organisational, planning, and time management skills.
⦁ Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability.
⦁ Great attention to detail.
⦁ Demonstrated knowledge of WHS requirements and EEO principles.
⦁ Great communication, client relationship, and negotiation skills.
⦁ The ability to motivate and inspire a team.
⦁ Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
⦁ Physically fit for the inherent requirements of the role
⦁ Current NSW Drivers Licence (manual vehicle).
⦁ Current Chemical Certificate AQF3.
⦁ OHS Green/White Card.
⦁ Tech-savvy and ability to apply this knowledge to an android platform
Also good to have – the desirables
⦁ Current First Aid Certificate
⦁ Positive attitude to work and the ability to actively promote the services of the National Trust of Australia (NSW) to clients.
⦁ Mechanically inclined.
If this role sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for and you would like to work with a highly respected organisation with a rich history in natural area restoration and conservation, please send your resumes and a covering letter addressing the essentials to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Enquiries and a full job description call (02) 9258 0159 or email HR@nationaltrust.com.au.
Marketing and Communications Manager, National Trust of Australia (NSW)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Job Type: Full-time
- Category: Marketing, Media and Communications
- Sectors: Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communications
- Salary package: $88,677k plus on-site parking in Sydney CBD
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
The National Trust is seeking a highly organised and efficient Marketing and Communications Manager to play a crucial role in delivering, end-to-end, its marketing campaigns including project management of our brand story development, tourism, membership, fundraising and commercial objectives across venue hire and major event programs.
You will also assist in the communication and engagement of its advocacy and conservation movement, facilitating the connection to the community through our members and volunteers. The role requires a high level of digital marketing proficiency across owned, paid, borrowed and earned channels; project and publications management; advertising and strong copy writing abilities. The role will deputise for the Director, Marketing and Communications on media relations and public relations and will manage specific projects as required.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Director, Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for:
- Management, development and ongoing implementation and reporting of the content marketing strategy and online community management across owned, paid, borrowed and earned channels to achieve brand, cultural tourism positioning and visitation targets, support membership and fundraising objectives, market property-based enterprises such as venue hire and build the profile of Bush Management Services
- Communication and campaign management – online and printed
- Digital, search and content marketing
- Data management, reporting, analytics and evaluation
- As a person known for your strong communication skills across various channels, you are highly proficient in digital marketing across social media, search, web, CRM and eDMs
- You have a degree in marketing, communications or digital media, with 3-5 years’ experience managing and implementing online and offline marketing campaigns in a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders
- You can demonstrate success in managing large and small-scale projects, anticipating contingencies, including the management of agencies and suppliers and have a thorough understanding of related legislation including the Privacy Act, the Spam Act, data management and permission-based marketing practices
- Ideally, you should also possess a Class C driver’s license and a willingness to travel to our various regional properties
Ultimately what makes this a truly special job will be your ability to shape the communication channels of this leading NFP Conservation and Advocacy organisation as we embark on our new 5 Year Strategic Plan.
- For a full position description or any enquiries call: 0413 992 990 or email email@example.com
- To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: 9 October 2020
Immediate start available