Vision: To live in a community which understands, values and enjoys its heritage.
Mission: To remain an independent, non-government community advocate, understanding and safeguarding our heritage today and tomorrow.
The National Trust is Australia’s pioneering Natural Area Restoration NGO and is seeking to employ qualified bush regenerators or people who have experience working with the Green Army environmental action program. Ideal applicants will be available 5 days per week. However three and four days per week availability will also be considered. Applicants must be passionate, hard-working, motivated, and keen to learn and share our passion for conservation work. Vacancies are available working with crews on projects located in the West, North and South of Sydney. Projects will include, bush regeneration, re-vegetation, noxious weed control, erosion control & instream fortification works, burn prep and asset protection.
The National Trust values motivated staff and rewards employees by
- Offering professional opportunities for growth and flexibility
- Offering interesting and challenging projects in a supportive team environment
- Actively encourages employee feedback and ownership of projects
- Paying above industry awards rates
Essential selection criteria
- Cert II or III in Conservation and Land Management or current enrollment
- Experience working with green army will be considered
- Current Chemical Certificate AQF3
- Knowledge of local native and exotic plant species and invasive weeds
- Current Drivers Licence and own vehicle
- OHS Green/White Card
- Physically fit for the inherent requirements of the role
- Ability to work as part of a team and under direct supervision
- Strong work ethic
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Certificate in Chainsaw Operations (level 1) and demonstrated experience using chainsaws
- Demonstrated experience using brushcutters and augers
- Demonstrated experience in herbicide spraying using backpacks and high-volume units
- Previous bush regeneration experience highly regarded
- Field ID skills for relevant flora and fauna highly regarded
- Other relevant training and/or experience (e.g. Horticulture) will be considered
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for and would like to work with a highly respected organisation with a rich history in natural area conservation and restoration, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.