The National Trust (NSW) is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 75 years.
Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
If you’re thinking about joining us and have questions about the role or would like to learn more, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 02 9258 0159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current positions vacant
Field Crew – Bushland Management Services
The National Trust is Australia’s pioneering Natural Area Restoration NGO, with over 45 years of experience in Bush Regeneration. We are seeking to employ qualified and passionate Bush Regenerators on a casual basis who have completed or are currently enrolled in a Certificate 3 in Conservation and Land Management (CLM3).
You must be motivated, hard-working, and keen to learn and share our passion for conservation work. Multiple positions are available Sydney wide – ranging from the Northern Beaches to Sutherland, and as far west as the Blue Mountains.
Work will vary day to day, but could include bush regeneration, planting jobs, noxious weed control, erosion control & instream fortification works, burn prep or asset protection works.
Five day availability is preferred but three to four consistent days’ availability will be considered for experienced applicants.
The National Trust values motivated staff and rewards employees by
- Offering professional opportunities for growth and flexibility
- Offering interesting and challenging projects in a supportive team environment
- Actively encourages employee feedback and ownership of projects
- Paying above industry awards rates
Essential selection criteria
- Cert II or III in Conservation and Land Management or current enrolment
- Willing to undertake Conservation and Land Management training
- Experience working with Green Army will be considered
- Current Chemical Certificate AQF3
- Knowledge of local native and exotic plant species and invasive weeds
- Current Drivers Licence and own vehicle
- Willingness to travel for up to an hour to work each day
- OHS Green/White Card
- Physically fit for the inherent requirements of the role
- Ability to work as part of a team and under direct supervision
- Strong work ethic
- Fully vaccinated
Desirable selection Criteria
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Certificate in Chainsaw Operations (level 1) and experience using chainsaws
- Demonstrated experience using brushcutters and augers
- Demonstrated experience in herbicide spraying using backpacks and high-volume units
- Previous bush regeneration experience highly regarded
- Field ID skills for relevant flora and fauna highly regarded
- Other relevant training and/or experience (e.g. Horticulture, B. EnvSci) will be considered
This is a great opportunity to start the New Year in a great new role with a growing company. We are looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for natural area restoration and conservation, like to lead by example and want to share their knowledge with their team to build a great crew.
If this sounds like the environment you’ve been looking for, send your resume and a covering letter addressing the job essentials to email@example.com
Please register which region you would like to work in (North, City and South or West) in the subject header of your email.
Note: You must have full rights to work in Australia and be fully vaccinated to apply.
Manager, Old Government House and Experiment Farm Cottage
- Location Parramatta/Harris Park, NSW
- Job Type Full-time
- Sectors : Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Reports to: Commercial Director
The National Trust of Australia (NSW) is a not-for-profit, community based charity which has been in operation for more than 75 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations through advocating for the conservation and protection of our built, cultural and natural heritage.
Located in Parramatta Park, Old Government House is the oldest surviving public building in Australia and a World Heritage listed Convict site and presents a major exhibition annually.
Experiment Farm Cottage, located nearby in Harris Park, is also a significant site being the place of the first land grant made to James Ruse in 1835.
This role offers a unique and exciting opportunity to activate the sites’ potential as a cultural tourism destination, supported by a new strategic business plan.
About the role – what you’ll be doing
We are seeking an engaging and charismatic manager to run all operational aspects of the two properties, with support from a number of part-time staff and a team of enthusiastic volunteers.
Ideally this role will suit someone who has demonstrated a keen eye for customer experience and knows how to transition a site to a year round destination.
About you – who we’re looking for
It’s a key role at two significant heritage sites and we need someone who can take on a challenge. To deliver this role successfully you’ll need to have:
- A keen eye for detail, taking on responsibility for all aspects of the visitor experience at two heritage sites
- Flexible approach to leadership, managing a small team of staff and volunteers across a 7-day operation across two sites.
- Outstanding organisation and planning skills, supporting and delivering property operations including site maintenance, housekeeping, education, retail, venue hire, events, partnerships and programming.
- Have a passion for enabling access to cultural heritage sites and ensuring all visitors feel welcome.
- Understanding of the aims and ethos of the National Trust, in particular the ambition for developing the financial sustainability of the properties
Benefits for working at the National Trust include:
- Free parking at the workplace
- Free entry to our properties
We’re looking for someone who is innovative and knows how to bring a property to life in ways that engage the community while still honouring our conservation ideals. We offer a flexible work environment and value the highest levels of professionalism.
You must be fully vaccinated and have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
For enquiries, call: 02 9258 0159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the key accountabilities to: email@example.com
Applications will close once a suitable candidate is found.