Read our Conservation policies and positions on important heritage issues
The National Trust of Australia (NSW) mission is to advocate for the conservation of built, cultural and natural heritage. For more than 75 years, we have been at the centre of the state’s most important heritage campaigns.
As the state’s leading heritage advocacy organisation, we strive to protect heritage in NSW and create the conditions it needs to thrive.
The Trust is prepared to act quickly when we are alerted to threats. Our role today is also to lobby and negotiate to ensure that developers and governments cannot sweep away irreplaceable heritage in the name of progress. At the same time, we seek to raise community awareness of what is at stake.
We run campaigns, mobilise communities, and advocate passionately for the protection of our unique cultural, natural and built heritage. We do this by engaging with the community and government to identify, conserve and protect our built, cultural and natural heritage.
Strategically, we aim to:
- Be a bold advocate and leader.
- Speak out on key heritage issues.
- Effectively utilise traditional and digital media to raise awareness of heritage issues.
- Collaborate closely with our Branches and broader networks.
- Devise and propose positive actions for better recognition, protection, conservation and celebration of our built, natural and cultural heritage.