Registrations are now open for the 2022 Australian Heritage Festival.
Welcome to the Australian Heritage Festival in New South Wales
Running from 1 April – 31 May 2022, the Australian Heritage Festival is an opportunity for the community to organise events and exhibitions, gather stories and tell them, celebrate through ceremony and performances, share knowledge through talks, walks and tours, and have fun bringing heritage to life.
The 2022 Australian Heritage Festival theme is Curiosity. From the city to the regions, this theme brings heritage to life by encouraging communities to actively wonder, investigate and learn about natural, cultural, Aboriginal, living and built heritage around the nation.
The National Trust looks forward to promoting real-time or virtual events in cities, towns, for community groups, businesses, Councils, conservation groups, museums, galleries, libraries, churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, retail centres, universities and schools.
In 2021, visitor feedback showed that:
- 100% enjoyed the festival event(s) they attended.
- 100% plan on attending a festival event next year.
- 95% felt inspired to seek out other opportunities to go to heritage events/ exhibitions/ activities after attending their festival event.
- 90% felt that attending the event increased their awareness and/ or appreciation of heritage.
• Registration of events opens 17 December 2021
• The Festival event calendar goes live February 2022
• Registration of events closes 25 March 2022
• Australian Heritage Festival opens 1 April 2022
• Australian Heritage Festival closes 31 May 2022
Please ensure that all Australian Heritage Festival events are COVID safe; please click here for more information including current restrictions and to download a COVID 19 safety plan.
We welcome the opportunity to work with sponsors, partners and media partners. Please contact Aly McAuliffe to find out more.