Help us breathe new life into Old Government House
UNESCO World Heritage listed Old Government House in Parramatta is the oldest public building in Australia. While the Main House has been lovingly restored with a high standard of conservation, much of the remainder of the site, including the historic Barracks area, remains in poor condition. This year, we urgently need to raise $250,000 to repair, maintain and improve this landmark building and give it the future it deserves.
What we need to do
- Paint exterior and interior walls
- Repair structural damage
- Upgrade interior and exterior lighting
- Create a new state-of-the-art education room
The Main House
- Recreate the bakery including furniture and dressings
- Recreate the servants’ hall including furniture
Please donate to the 2023 Old Government House Appeal.
How your donation will help us;
- $180 contributes to painting the Barracks
- $300 will replace one light fitting
- $500 will contribute to tableware in the servants’ hall
- $1,000 helps fund furniture and dressings in the bakery
- $5,000 helps repair and conserve external walls in the Barracks
- $10,000 pays for new audio visual equipment in the education room
The National Trust of Australia (NSW) (ABN 82 491 958 802) is a Deductible Gift Recipient and a gift of $2 or more is tax-deductible in Australia.