Years 5-6 HSIE
This includes and builds on the story of James and Mary and their home to set them in the context of the developing Berrima Village between 1830 and 1860.
- USE the contents of the house and its garden to build up a picture of a village lifestyle in the 1830s and 1840s.
- COMPARE the living conditions of a colonial family in the 1830s with their own.
- DISCOVER how houses were built and what materials were required.
- DEVELOP a map of an historic village to compare past and present streetscapes and usage.
- LEARN how settlement spread south from Sydney and the roles of convicts, settlers and merchants.
Number of Students – 45 max
Duration – 90 minutes
Cost – $5 per student
Bookings – (02) 4877 1508