Years 3-6 HSIE
Students will learn about the life of James and Mary Harper including how they built their house and how activities such as eating and drinking, keeping warm and entertaining yourself and others differed from today.
- USE the contents of the house and its garden to build up a picture of a village lifestyle in the 1830s and 1840s.
- COMPARE the living conditions of a colonial family in the 1830s with their own.
- DISCOVER how houses were built and what materials were required.
- DEVELOP a map of an historic village to compare past and present streetscapes and usage.
- LEARN how settlement spread south from Sydney and the roles of convicts, settlers and merchants.
Number of Students – 45 max
Duration – 90 minutes
Cost – $5 per student
Bookings – (02) 4877 1508