All bookings are made with the National Trust of Australia (NSW) (ABN 82 491 958 802). By booking a visit with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Group Visit Terms and Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation email and invoice.
1. Invoices will be issued for all payments and payments must be made by direct transfer or by debit/credit card. American Express is not accepted. Only a single payment as per invoice will be accepted.
2. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to confirm your booking.
3. Final numbers for your group required at least 10 days prior to the date of visit. The balance of payment will be confirmed and invoiced based on these final numbers.
4. Full payment is required before your visit.
5. Group tour leaders, coach drivers and carers acting in that capacity during a group visit are entitled to free admission to the property on the day of the group’s visit.
6. National Trust Membership discounts will be applied subject to Members showing proof of Membership upon arrival. Please advise when confirming final numbers if any of your group are National Trust Members.
7. Minimum group size of 15 people applies. Guided tours of the house have a maximum of 30 people at any one time. Large groups
may be split into smaller groups and may need to factor in time to allow for two or more consecutive house tours.
Amendments to bookings
8. Any request to change your booking must be made in writing, by emailing email@example.com
9. Changes to dates and session times are subject to availability.
10. On the day of the visit, should the number of visitors be less than the minimum number required, the cost will remain at minimum
number. Should the number of visitors be greater than the number booked you will be invoiced for the additional visitors.
Cancellation and refund policy
11. Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. If you cancel your booking within 10 days of your visit, or if you fail to arrive on the scheduled day, no refunds apply.
13. The National Trust of Australia (NSW) reserves the right to cancel your visit should the need arise. If we cancel your trip, payments
made may be applied to a mutually agreed alternative date or you may request a refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is
due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs.
14. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled booking time to allow for check-in. In the event of late arrival, please contact
Saumarez Homestead on (02) 6772 3616. We cannot guarantee guide availability if groups arrive later than the booked time.
15. For the safety and comfort of our visitors, it may be necessary to close the property in the event of extreme weather conditions.
If this should happen your booking will be rescheduled or fully refunded.
Protecting the collection and property
16. Access to the house is by guided tour only.
17. For the protection of our historic collections and properties, large bags and backpacks are not permitted inside our buildings.
Video, sound and photography
18. Photography is permitted. Video or sound recording is not permitted inside the house or on guided tours.
19. Group visitors are covered by National Trust (NSW) Public Liability Insurance. In case of specific concern on the day, please immediately contact the manager or tour leader.
20. Not applicable currently at Saumarez Homestead
21. Group visits are not available on NSW public holidays and not all tour options are available every day the property is open.
22. Confirmation of a booking request is subject to property, staff and volunteer availability and payment of a non-refundable deposit.
23. Please take care when exploring the gardens: there is loose gravel on the paths, some paths are uneven or have slopes which may become slippery in wet weather.
24. All children under 15 years must be supervised by an adult at all times.