24 Feb 2021
The National Trust (NSW)’s annual Heritage Awards has opened for entries for 2021 and announced a new Chair of its independent panel of judges – Matt Devine.
Entries have opened for the 2021 National Trust Heritage Awards. Organisations, individuals and community groups are invited to enter with projects or initiatives that have been (or will be) complete between 1 April 2020 and 30 March 2021. The awards are proudly supported by the NSW Government through the Heritage Council of New South Wales.
The categories for this year are:
- Aboriginal Heritage
- Adaptive Re-use
- Conservation: Built Heritage
- Conservation: Interiors & Objects
- Conservation: Landscape
- Continuing Tradition
- Education & Interpretation
- Heritage Events, Exhibitions & Tours
- Heritage Resources & Publications
In addition, nominations are welcome for individual categories:
- Individual: Cathy Donnelly Award
- Individual: Heritage Skills Award
- Individual: Lifetime Achievement Award
The Judges’ Choice Award is decided at the discretion of the independent jury.
The National Trust (NSW) has also announced Matt Devine as its new Chair of the independent panel of judges that decides who wins, who is commended and who is shortlisted. Matt Devine is a registered architect noted for his work with heritage projects at a range of scales. He is a lecturer in Heritage Conservation at the University of Sydney, works in strategic planning at the City of Sydney and as a private consultant.
“I love being on the National Trust Awards Jury, because it is an amazing opportunity to reward excellence in a vast range of heritage projects from across NSW. For me, heritage is about our identity – it tells us who we have been and who we are,” said Devine, Lecturer & Subject Coordinator at University of Sydney.
Entries are open and able to be lodged online until 29 March. Key dates are as follows:
- Entries Close: Monday 29 March 2021
- Judging Day: Thursday 8 April 2021
- Shortlist Announced: Tuesday 13 April 2021
- National Trust Heritage Awards Ceremony: Thursday 13 May 2021
Director, Marketing and Communications
Phone: (02) 9258 0113 / 0400 017 330