It’s going to be rainy old weekend for our Best of the Blue Mountains events celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the National Trust! That said, we’re donning our wellies and raincoats, and celebrating all the same and we are delighted that you will be joining us.
At Everglades House & Gardens, we have divine Devonshire Teas available or if you want something with a bit more spice a sizzle, there are nachos and a sausage BBQ on offer to warm you up. The Everglades Gallery will have the NSW Schools Reconciliation Challenge exhibition on display and if you have a green thumb, our bonsai workshops will also be taking place.
Due to the soggy weather forecast, there will be some changes to our event programming:
- Safety is always number one at the National Trust, and the pathways for the garden tours at Everglades House & Gardens are simply too flooded. We will need to cancel the garden tours for this weekend.
- There are self-guided house tours at the elegant Art Deco house at Everglades House & Gardens and as a friendly reminder, please remember to physically distance.
On the point of safety, please take care to:
- Walk carefully on the pathways to our properties. Many are paved in stone so they are not even surfaces, and can be slippery when wet.
- If you’re bringing the little ones, please ask them not to run – we really don’t want anyone to get hurt on slippery surfaces.
We recommend visitors come prepared:
- Wear enclosed shoes with good grip.
- Bring a raincoat.
- Bring an umbrella.
We are looking so forward to welcoming everyone to Everglades House & Gardens, Woodford Academy and Norman Lindsay Gallery this Saturday, 20 March, to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the National Trust – rain, hail or shine!
If you haven’t yet got a ticket, you can reserve one via Eventbrite by clicking the property/properties you wish to visit below (feel free to book all three):