This Autumn, the Artists of the Round Yard invite you to celebrate the essence of life, water.
Browse Water – Works, a unique exhibition of art pieces inspired by water, brought to life using various mediums including clay, painting, jewellery, puppetry and sculpture.
Hear from the artists:
- ”Water in the environment inspires, creating models of ponds, creeks and seaside cliffs” – Robyn Rumpf
- ”Ponds and dams are eyes to the skies, reflecting clouds, patterns of wind and rain. A harmonious ecosystem of plants, frogs, insects and migratory birds, fish and the microorganisms within keep the water fresh and alive” -Toni Warburton
- ”Inspired by its life force, I see clouds and raindrops, fish and I see boats lost on a wild sea” – Tracy Hopkirk
- ”Water, life on the edge of hope and horror. Watching rivers rise and fall, will the water be kind or cruel?” – Sue Wallace
- ”My art celebrates the vital energy of water that envelops me in everyday life, the essential joy and invigorating essence that water brings to our existence” – Sonja Millis
- ”Water moving over rock is fundamental in the creation of all landscape. A force that can be infinitesimal, ponderous or explosive” – Brock Sykes
This exhibition is proudly presented by the Artists of the Round Yard, a group of painters, sculptors, printmakers, photographers, and jewellery makers, based at Retford Park, Bowral, former estate of the late James Fairfax.
Artwork: Water Reflections. Brock Sykes
On display in the White Cottage from 10am – 4pm, Thursday – Sunday from Thursday 18 April – Sunday 26 May 2024.
How to book your tickets
This is a free exhibition.
Tickets for house and garden tours can be purchased separately for those wishing to get a glimpse inside historic Retford Park and its impressive surrounds.
Get involved with the National Trust (NSW)
Become a member and enjoy many benefits including access to special heritage places in Australia and in over 60 countries. Subscribe to our eNews for the latest heritage news, special offers and events.