The Old Railway Station built and opened in 1909, replaced original station built in 1878.
In 1985 the Moonta Railway Station became part of the Moonta Mines State Heritage Area and is a stately and very special part of Moonta’s history. The Old Railway Station now houses the Moonta Visitor Information Centre, which provides a comprehensive range of tourist information and is manned by a group of friendly, experienced and knowledgeable volunteers. There is also a large variety of affordable, high quality souvenirs and giftware available through this venue.
Located within the grounds is the 1914 Moonta Memorial Gun 1918. The dedication and formal opening of this display was held in February 2007. The display holds a fully restored 105mm Light Field Howitzer used in WWI, and a number of other articles with historical significance.