Free admission to Woodbridge for family and friends on opening weekend 24 – 25 October 2020!
We’re are excited to announce Woodbridge is opening again after a year-long stint conserving this special place.
We’d like to welcome all friends and families to Woodbridge with free admission for the first weekend open. It’s our way of saying welcome back.
Here’s a short list of what we have achieved in the past year:
- urgent conservation works to the tower and north wing;
- reinstatement of missing urns and finials and original design iron balustrade replaced to the front façade;
- interpretive painting internally; and
- selected compliance work to make the place safe.
Works were funded through Lotterywest, and a generous donor bequest. During the works, two further donations were received, enabling more work to be undertaken including additional internal painting in the original colour scheme. An appeal was also launched in May 2020 to raise funds to replace the balustrade on the first floor verandah.
Woodbridge has a fascinating history. It was part of the original Stirling land grant and was later purchased by the entrepreneurial Charles Harper who built the magnificent home.
On Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 October 2020, from 1pm – 4pm, we are offering free entry to all visitors to Woodbridge. What you can expect on the day:
- Walk through the house and admire the history preserved so meticulously room by room.
- Hear more on the conservation works that took place over the last year.
- Families can learn through play with new activities that provide a glimpse into the lives of people who have lived and worked at Woodbridge.
Please come along to the re-opening of Woodbridge, we’d love to see you there.