The National Trust of Western Australia establishes and administers heritage appeals on behalf of local governments and community groups to raise funds for conservation and interpretation of Western Australia's heritage.
Donations over two dollars to National Trust heritage appeals are tax deductible and over the years, the Trust has assisted in raising millions of dollars which have been spent directly on conservation and interpretation projects.
The following information is required for the establishment of a heritage appeal:
- A detail statement of the objectives of the appeal.
- Evidence that the appeal organisers have stewardship of the place the funds are being raised for.
- That the place has recognised heritage significance.
- That a Conservation Plan and/or an Interpretation Plan is in place or being completed.
- A schedule of proposed works for conservation projects.
- A supervising Heritage Specialist and/or management committee is involved in the project.
To set up a tax deductible heritage appeal or if you would like to learn more, please contact the National Trust’s Heritage Services Department on (08) 9321 6088 or firstname.lastname@example.org