Rusten House was built in 1861 and is one of Queanbeyan’s most significant properties. Originally built to replace the Benevolent Asylum to serve the more affluent community, by the early 20th century Rusten House became a community hospital, then a nurses’ dormitory during the 1930s. In 1991 it was renamed as Rusten House after the hospital’s first matron Mary Rusten. A major refurbishment program has just been completed with the building redeveloped into a contemporary art and cultural facility, that includes a gallery and exhibition space and meeting and workshop facilities.
Eric Martin AM who was involved in the project will be our guide for this tour of the redevelopment. Afternoon tea will be served
Rusten House is located 87 Collett St, Queanbeyan.
Cost: $30 members $35 non-members
Bookings and enquiries: Bookings and enquiries to the National Trust office email@example.com or 6230 0533 (office hours Tues-Thurs 9.30am-3pm).
COVID safety advice will be given on booking.
Note that numbers are strictly limited and a waiting list will apply when fully booked.