ACT National Trust Heritage Awards 2022
2022 National Trust Heritage Awards Winners
The Trust’s Heritage Awards recognise projects that make a significant contribution to the conservation of the heritage of the ACT. Any project which promotes the conservation of, or fosters public knowledge about places, objects and issues that are significant to the heritage of the ACT is encouraged to be nominated.
This year, three projects have been recognised as providing an outstanding contribution to the conservation of the heritage of the ACT. Seven projects have been recognised as making a significant contribution. Projects within the lists below are not ranked.
The three projects to receive an outstanding award are:
- ANU Birch Building Refurbishment: Hassell, working with Lovell Chen and Hindmarsh Builders
- Lake Burley Griffin Ecological Project: Friends of Grasslands project
- Tidbinbilla Heritage Precinct: Tidbinbilla Pioneers Association Inc. and the ACT Parks and Conservation Service
[The Tidbinbilla Heritage Precinct encompasses a combination of heritage sites / locations at Tidbinbilla, including the eucalyptus distillery pictured. Photo: Geoff Puleston]
The seven projects to receive a significant award are:
- 8Tracks – An introduction to the Canberra Tracks: Richard Snashall
- Canberra & District Historical Society New Website: Canberra & District Historical Society
- Canberra Tracks Augmented Reality Videos: Family History ACT–Canberra Tracks Project Team
- Marion: the other Griffin temporary exhibition: The National Archives of Australia
- Old Parliament House Hail Damage Restoration: Heritage & Collections Team, and Facilities, Capital Projects & Security Team, Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House, Eric Martin and Associates Architects, Manteena Group Principal Contractor
- Old Parliament House Interpretation of the Prime Minister’s Suite: Interpretation and Content Development Team, Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House
- Reviving Inner North’s pillar signposts – Phase 1: Reid and Braddon: Reid Residents’ Association Inc, with Principal Contractor Conservation Works Pty Ltd.
Please see the 2022 NT ACT Heritage Awards Media Release.
Please find an article in the City News here. https://citynews.com.au/2022/trust-thrilled-at-quality-of-heritage-award-winners/
The judges report 2022 Heritage Awards Judges Report.