A four roomed stone cottage built 1869, owned from 1878 by Philip William Carter Gammon.
From a narrow entrance to the Lane and travelling east, Gammon Cottage on the left is the first of the buildings owned by the National Trust. This four roomed stone cottage with an interesting window treatment and flat steel roof tiles, has a separate weatherboard kitchen and stables at the rear.
‘Art House’ at Gammon Cottage
Gammon Cottage, home of the ‘Art House’ the smallest art gallery in Penola, with changing exhibitions by local artists and its own blacksmith, Bruce Kennewell, working from the forge set up in the old stables at the rear of the cottage.