Beaumont House built in 1849, was home of the first Anglican Bishop of Adelaide, Bishop Augustus Short, and later Sir Samuel Davenport, politician, horticulturist and founder of the olive oil industry in SA. The house has a distinctive Mediterranean character with an open brickwork parapet in soft terracotta colours and a central flat roof originally accessed by a staircase.
Beaumont House is the State Office of the National Trust of South Australia. Please telephone (08) 8202 9200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
Please note during office hours Beaumont House is not open for public viewing.
For information on the Beaumont House Open Day held by the NTSA Burnside Branch (first Sunday of every month, except January) please contact Chris 0468 866 492 or email email@example.com