Writing outdoors; deepen your appreciation of nature through writing exercises designed to enliven the senses.
Stangate Garden is four acres of paradise located in the delightful Adelaide Hills.
Join experienced storytelling and creative writing teacher Helen Lawry as she guides you through a series of writing exercises designed to enhance your observational skills and get your poetic juices flowing.
The workshop includes guided tasks as well as time to go off by yourself and write in response to this beautiful garden. This is a relaxed private writing workshop. During it you will not share your writing with others.
Along the lines of nature journaling, nature writing is about deepening your connection with nature , it’s not ‘product driven’. If you can write a shopping list and you love nature this is the workshop for you!
- Art and writing materials will be provided but you are most welcome to bring your own.
- Most of the workshop will be spent outside so please dress with that in mind.
- Please note Stangate House and Garden is accessible from the city by bus.
- Please park onsite, using the Edgeware Road entrance. (Please do not park in front of Thomas Gas.)
- This event will go ahead rain, hail or shine. (We have access to Stangate House)
- This event will comply with Health Department regulations. Should Covid cause this event to be cancelled we will gladly refund the cost of your ticket.
Monday 27 September, 11am & 1.30pm
Cost: $15 – $25
Stangate House and Garden
3 Edgeware Road
Aldgate, SA 5154
Click here to find out more & to book