Peacocks Chimney Stack

Peacock's Chimney Stack was used during the prosperous years of the copper mines.

Peacock’s Chimney was constructed in 1857 on a site within the present open cut area.   It provided updraught for the boilers at Peacocks Engine house, named after William Peacock, a SAMA director.

Peacock’s Chimney Stack was re sited in 1971, following an appeal by the National Trust of South Australia.

Address:

Blythe Street (Barrier Highway)
Burra 5417 SA

Open:

Open daily

Phone:
(08) 8892 2154
Entry Fees:

Free