Bundoora Homestead History Tours
Join this unique guided experience to hear the stories that shaped Bundoora.
Join us for a unique guided experience, to learn about the historic Bundoora Homestead Art Centre, and the land on which it was built. Hear the stories that shaped this iconic mansion, from its first era as a private family home and stables, to its rebirth as a repatriation mental health hospital for returned servicemen, and its final reimagining as a community art gallery.
Topics you will learn about on the tour:
- Indigenous custodianship of Country
- The commissioning and origins of the house as the Smith family home
- Unique architectural features of the Queen Anne style mansion
- The transformation of the Homestead into a convalescent farm and repatriation hospital
- The discovery of an internationally significant medical treatment
- Bundoora Homestead’s present day use as an arts and cultural facility
Following the tour, we invite you to join us for Devonshire tea in our onsite café, or stay on to explore our beautiful heritage gardens.
Celebrating 50 years of the Victorian Heritage Register