Hughes Pump House

The Hughes Pump House erected in 1865, housed a 60 inch Cornish beam pumping engine.

The Cornish beam pumping engine which operated until the mine closed in 1923 pumped water from the adjacent shaft to a depth of 366 metres and from Taylors Shaft, about 300 metres to the North, to a depth of 788 metres.

Address:

Verran Terrace Moonta Mines 5558 SA

Open:

Open daily

Phone:
(08) 8825 1891
Entry Fees:

No charge