Collingrove Homestead provides a fine example of how our pioneers created a new Australian architecture.
Conceived as a little piece of England and commenced in 1856, Collingrove was the Angas family home and headquarters for their considerable pastoral interests. This family made significant contributions to the growth and development of South Australia from its earliest days through political involvement, pastoral endeavor and philanthropic gesture. Collingrove was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976 by Ronald Angas.
Collingrove Homestead is a large house built of local stone with a slate roof and provides a fine example of how our pioneers created a new Australian architecture which still retains the Old Country atmosphere of their origin. Set in landscaped grounds. Located in the famous Barossa Valley wine district of South Australia, home to some of the world’s best wines.
Collingrove Homestead is currently closed to the general public