- Stories from the site of the Penitentiary as it was in 1821 before being demolished
- The Penitentiary Chapel, construction commenced in 1831
- The Solitary Confinement cells under the pews in the Chapel
- The underground tunnels, convict-built in 1860
- Clock tower entrance including the Church bell
- 1860 conversion to the Supreme Criminal Court
- Viewing of the 35 minute film Pandemonium (recommended for secondary classes only) – Optional as this extends the tour to 90 minutes.
The immersive film experience Pandemonium is not recommended for primary aged students. It includes some scenes which may be unsettling for young viewers and strong themes relevant to the convict era.
Where possible, our guides will attempt to curate the tour to fit in with curriculum requirements.
$10 per student.
One Staff member per 10 students free of charge.
Group numbers: Minimum of 10 students, maximum of 40 (large groups are split in two with at least one teacher accompanying each half of the group).
Minimum two weeks’ advance notice required for bookings.
On the corner of Brisbane and Campbell Streets, Hobart.
Main door entry from Campbell Street.
Bus parking available on Brisbane Street.
SITE CONTACT DETAILS:
Contact Phone: (03) 6231 0911
Contact Email: email@example.com