Join the National Trust of Australia (NSW), buy a gift membership or refer a friend for your chance to win! The lucky winner and their guest will enjoy an all-inclusive iconic rail holiday on The Ghan or Indian Pacific.
As Gold Service guests, your Australian outback adventure will be enjoyed from the comfort of your private cabin and include Off Train Excursions, Outback Experiences and all meals and beverages. From the moment you step on board, your sense of adventure will be ignited while your senses are indulged. Find yourself captivated as the landscape transforms before your eyes during this truly unforgettable Australian experience.
To enter the draw, join the National Trust NSW as a new member. Or for existing members, refer a friend and you will both go into the draw.
Generously provided by Great Southern Rail www.greatsouthernrail.com.au
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
Information on how to enter this competition and the prize, forms part of these conditions of entry.
- Entry is only open to the following eligible new members where all paperwork and payment has been received at The National Trust of Australia (New South Wales), “The Trust” by 5.00pm on the final day of the promotional period:
Existing members of The Trust who participate by referring new members to the Trust, or by purchasing a gift membership,
- New members joining by way of a gift membership purchased on their behalf by an existing member of The Trust.
- New members who join The Trust during the promotional period.
- New members referred by existing members of The Trust, and
- Lapsed members who rejoin The Trust during the promotional period and pay a joining fee are also eligible to enter.
- Lapsed members whose membership has lapsed for more than 3 months who rejoin The Trust during the promotional period by way of a promotion that waives the joining fee are eligible to enter.
- New members who join as a spouse/friend of an existing member and upgrade to a joint membership by way of paying a fee that is the equivalent to the balance of the annual subscription for joint membership are eligible to enter.
- The Promotional Period is from 11 December 2015 and closes at 5.00 pm on 7 October 2016.
- Employees & Directors and their immediate families of The Trust, Great Southern Rail, and any other individuals or companies associated with this promotion including any prize producers are ineligible to enter.
- New affiliate members, school members, complimentary and/or corporate members that join The Trust in the promotional period are ineligible to enter.
- New members of The Trust who transferred their membership from another State during the promotional period without paying a membership fee to The Trust are ineligible to enter.
- Lapsed members whose membership has lapsed for a period of less than 3 months and do not pay the joining fee when re-joining The Trust during the promotional period are ineligible to enter as this is considered to be a renewal of membership.
The Prize Draw
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Promoters for late, lost or misdirected application forms.
- On receipt of a completed membership application form and payment from an eligible new member by The Trust, the eligible new member automatically receives one entry into the prize draw,
- Existing eligible members of The Trust receive one entry into the prize draw for every referred eligible new member on receipt of that eligible new member’s application and payment,
- Existing eligible members of The Trust also receive one entry into the prize draw for every eligible gift membership purchased when the eligible gift recipient’s details are recorded in the membership register.
- The draw will take place on 8th October 2016, at The Trust, Watson Road, Observatory Hill Sydney NSW 2000. The winner will be notified by telephone and mail within two days of the draw and in the Autumn 2017 edition of National Trust NSW Magazine.
- To be eligible to claim the prize the winner must maintain a current membership with The Trust at the time of the draw.
- The first entry drawn from all entries received, that satisfies the terms and conditions, will win 2 x one way Gold Service tickets on The Ghan or Indian Pacific. Prize includes Off Train Excursions, Outback Experiences and all meals and beverages as outlined on website http://www.greatsouthernrail.com.au
- Spending money, insurance, laundry, phone calls and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
- Bookings can only be made within 120 days of travel are subject to yield restrictions and may not be available on all dates. Valid for travel prior to 31 March 2017. If for any reason the prize is not taken by the validity date, the prize will be forfeited. Please note that blackout periods apply for The Ghan during June, July and August and for the Indian Pacific during September and October. Not valid on The Ghan Expedition or special event trains. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion substitute the prize of equal value or greater value and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If the winner of the major prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
- Total value of prize is approximately AUD $5,000, the prize values are the recommended retail value and are correct at the time of the competition launch
- Neither The Trust nor any of the participating agents shall be liable for any loss or damage, whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner (and their companion) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in their absolute discretion.
- In the event of a dispute the decision of The Trust is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment of other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages. A request to access update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at their address set out below.
- The Promoter is The National Trust of Australia (New South Wales) ABN 82 491 958 802, Watson Road Observatory Hill Sydney NSW 2000.
- The Sponsor is Great Southern Rail Travel Pty Ltd, License number TTA 164 190, PO Box 445, Marleston Business Centre Marleston, SA 5033.
- The Membership Promotion Rail Holiday Draw is a Gratuitous Lottery and is conducted under section 4G of the Lotteries and Art Unions Amendment Act 2000 No 63.
- This membership promotion is subject to the laws in force and the legal jurisdiction of the State of New South Wales, Australia