The safety of our visitors and staff remains our top priority. We have put measures in place to protect the health and wellbeing of everyone. Please note the following protective measures and conditions of entry will apply to all visitors and staff.
COVID-19 Conditions of Entry
– Visitors over 12 years old must be fully vaccinated (exemptions apply)
– Visitors over 12 years old must wear a face mask indoors
– You must register your details upon entry by scanning the Service Victoria QR Code, please download the Service Victoria app prior to your visit for a smooth check-in process
– Observe personal health and hygiene measures, as well as safe social distancing signage and contactless transactions
– Understand that areas may be partially closed off to implement safety protocols
Proof of Vaccination Status
Please be aware double vaccination status will be required for all visitors (over 12), staff, volunteers and contractors to National Trust of Australia (Victoria) properties. Note: this does not apply to those with a valid medical exemption.
You will be required to present proof of your COVID-19 vaccination on check-in with our friendly COVID marshal. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult. Please see below for acceptable proof of vaccination status:
Acceptable proof of vaccination status includes:
- COVID-19 Digital Certificate uploaded to the Services Victoria app
- COVID-19 Digital Certificate uploaded to phone wallet/saved to smartphone
- Printed Australian Immunisation Register certificate together with photo ID
- Printed COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate together with photo ID
- Medical exemption with valid, original letter signed and issued by a specified medical practitioner class ID together with photo ID
Please note the following will not be accepted as proof of vaccination status:
- Vaccine appointment card
- Valid vaccination documentation without proof of ID
- Negative COVID-19 test result
For a smooth check-in progress, you can download the Service Victoria app and attach your proof of vaccination prior to your visit. For further information on the best way to get proof of your COVID vaccination for your situation, visit the Services Australia website.
We ask that you please treat our team with respect. Any rude and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Please stay at home if any of the following apply:
– You are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (fever, sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath)
– You have been in close contact with a person who had tested positive for COVID-19
– You (or one of your close contacts) are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19
For the latest NTAV COVID Updates including opening hours click HERE.