By hosting an event, you’re providing new opportunities for the community to access and celebrate heritage around the state. Download our Organisers Kit to start planning your event.
Information for Event Organisers
Be a part of the Australian Heritage Festival Victoria
The National Trust of Australia (Victoria) is excited to announce that Australia’s biggest community driven Heritage Festival will run from Thursday 18 April to Saturday 18 May 2024 in Victoria.
Each year hundreds of organisations run events for their local communities in the form of heritage walks, talks, experiences, exhibitions, demonstrations, open days and so much more…
… And we want you to be part of it in 2024!
Registrations are now open and there is no cost to register an event. Events can be specially created for the Heritage Festival Program, or you can register tours or programs that you already run – so long as they take place during the festival dates.
By participating in the 2024 Australian Heritage Festival, you will be joining a community movement to ensure that our cultural heritage is acknowledged, celebrated, and understood throughout our local communities and beyond.
The 2024 festival is supported by the Heritage Council Victoria celebrating 50 years of the Victorian Heritage Register.
Who can be involved?
All heritage and cultural enthusiasts; tourism operators, local councils, galleries, wineries, museums, historical and literature societies, libraries and universities.
To get started, download the event organisers kit for more information, FAQs and tips.
For any questions or enquiries, contact email@example.com
There is no cost to participate in the festival and organises enjoy the following benefits:
- A dedicated event page on the Australian Heritage Festival website. This includes your chosen image, your event description, contact information and booking details.
- A listing in the Heritage Festival Digital Program, distributed widely across digital channels and available for download. (To be included in the Festival Digital Program registrations must be submitted by 1 Feb 2024)
- Benefit from the overarching state-wide Australian Heritage Festival promotional campaign; including digital advertising, social media and PR.
- Access to and ability to communicate with a highly engaged heritage-loving audience across Victoria
- 1 February 2024 | Registrations close for inclusion in our Digital Program and Itineraries
- 1 March 2024 | Festival Program Launch
- 1 April 2024 | Final Registrations close for inclusion on the Australian Heritage Festival Website
- 18 April 2024 | Australian Heritage Festival (Victoria) opens