You could be showing a film screening, hosting a book reading, organising a walking tour or a guided tour of an historic place. Putting on an art or photography exhibition? Terrific. Hosting a seminar or workshop? Fantastic. Planning on doing any of that virtually? Organise your Facebook live or Zoom details for your digital event and we’ll bring people to you.
However you decide to celebrate heritage during the Australian Heritage Festival, here’s what you need to know.
What events can or can’t be included in the Australian Heritage Festival?
- Events must take place within the dates of the Australian Heritage Festival, 1 April – 31 May 2022.
- Events should help to bring the annual theme for the Australian Heritage Festival to life. For 2022, the theme is Curiosity.
- Events must follow COVID-safe government guidance. Please visit your state’s webpage using the ‘festival near me’ tab at the top to see the current restrictions and rules.
What support does the National Trust provide for event organisers participating in the Australian Heritage Festival?
Registering your event for the Australian Heritage Festival connects you with likeminded organisations and individuals across the nation who see all aspects of heritage as important, enriching, valuable and worth celebrating with the community. Each state has a dedicated festival coordinator to assist with any queries along the way. You can find their contact information here.
By registering you can expect:
- An Event Organiser Toolkit
- A dedicated listing on the Australian Heritage Festival website which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year looking for heritage events near them.
- Social media promotion including an event on the Australian Heritage Festival Facebook page.
- Access to branding assets, including:
- Access to a promotional kit so you can spread the word too, including:
- A downloadable poster – coming soon.
- Social media tiles – coming soon.
- Banners – coming soon
- A communications kit, including:
- Suggested social media messages for Facebook and Twitter – coming soon.
- A media release template
- Signature events or events with ‘something special’ will receive additional support.
We encourage event organisers to promote their own events via their channels to help us spread the word. If you’re promoting on Facebook or Twitter be sure to use the hashtag #AHF22 and tag us on:
What other resources are available to help me submit, plan and market my event?
Getting the Word Out
Running Your Event Safely
For COVID safe information please select your state: