All bookings are made with the National Trust of Australia (NSW) (ABN 82 491 958 802). By booking a visit with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Group Visit Terms and Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation email and invoice.
1. Invoices will be issued for all payments and payments must be made by direct transfer or by debit/credit card. American Express is not accepted. Only a single payment as per invoice will be accepted.
2. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to confirm your booking.
3. Final numbers for your group required at least 10 days prior to the date of visit. The balance of payment will be confirmed and invoiced based on these final numbers.
4. Full payment is required before your visit.
5. Group tour leaders, coach drivers and carers acting in that capacity during a group visit are entitled to free admission to the property on the day of the group’s visit.
6. National Trust Membership discounts will be applied subject to Members showing proof of Membership upon arrival. Please advise when confirming final numbers if any of your group are National Trust Members.
7. Minimum group size of 20 people applies. Guided tours of the house have a maximum capacity of 30 people at one time. Groups of 30+ may need to factor in time to allow for two or more consecutive house tours.
Amendments to bookings
8. Any request to change your booking must be made in writing, by emailing email@example.com
9. Changes to dates and session times are subject to availability.
10. On the day of the visit, should the number of visitors be less than the minimum number required, the cost will remain at minimum number. Should the number of visitors be greater than the number booked you will be invoiced for the additional visitors.
Cancellation and refund policy
11. Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. If you cancel your booking within 10 days of your visit, or if you fail to arrive on the scheduled day, no refunds apply.
13. The National Trust of Australia (NSW) reserves the right to cancel your visit should the need arise. If we cancel your booking, payments made may be applied to a mutually agreed alternative date or you may request a refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs.
14. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled booking time to allow for check-in. In the event of late arrival, please contact
Retford Park on (02) 4861 1933. We cannot guarantee guide availability if groups arrive later than the booked time.
15. For the safety and comfort of our visitors, it may be necessary to close the property in the event of extreme weather conditions.
If this should happen your booking will be rescheduled or fully refunded.
16. We expect all group visitors to operate their trips in accordance with the Government’s COVID-19 guidelines.
17. The safety and wellbeing of our visitors is of the utmost importance to us and we are continually monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic situation as it evolves.
We will notify you as soon as possible should we need to amend or cancel your booking in line with updated Government advice.
Protecting the collection and property
18. Access to the house is by guided tour only.
19. For the protection of our historic collections and properties, large bags and backpacks are not permitted inside our buildings. There are a limited number of lockers for bag storage on site. The
National Trust (NSW) takes no responsibility for stored belongings.
Video, sound and photography
20. Photography is permitted. Video or sound recording is not permitted inside the house or on guided tours.
21. Group visitors are covered by National Trust (NSW) Public Liability Insurance. In case of specific concern on the day,
please immediately contact the manager or tour leader.
22. Group bookings for the onsite café, Hearth by Moonacres, must be made directly with the café on 4861 6629. Bookings are strongly recommended.
23. Group visits are not available on NSW public holidays; and not all tour options are available every day the property is open.
24. Confirmation of a booking request is subject to property and staff and volunteer availability and payment of a non-refundable deposit.
25. Please take care when exploring the gardens: there is loose
gravel on the paths, some paths are uneven or have slopes
which may become slippery in wet weather.
26. If visiting with children, please be aware that the gardens contain open water including a swimming pool and canal. All children
under 15 years must be supervised by an adult at all times.