default image 1

Cartes de Visite, an international album from the Cox Family, Clarendon

tas
The Clarendon Collection includes a leather-bound album of Cartes de Visite and loose photographs from the middle of the 19th century.
more
default image 5

The Strasbourg Clock at Longford

tas
When a copy of the Strasbourg clock toured Tasmania in the 1930s, Sid Boon, a Longford local, was inspired to build a replica. Mr Boonís copy has all the features of the original clock.
more
default image 3

Dollhouse at Clarendon

tas
In the Clarendon Collection is a delightful table-sized dollhouse in the style of a two-chimney bungalow, It has a verandah, living room, hallway, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.
more

Heritage Properties Archive

tas
This archive supported the National Trustís ground breaking work on the classification and recording of significant heritage buildings and sites throughout the state.
more
default image 3

Latrobe Area Photographic Collection

tas
The Latrobe Branch of the Trust holds a collection of over 1000 photographs relating to the history of the Latrobe area and covering the period from the first half of the 19th century to the present.
more

Music Box at Franklin House

tas
This is believed to have been made in Switzerland during the latter part of the 19th century, however the manufacturer is unknown as there are no maker's marks visible.
more
default image 5

Orr Collection postcards

tas
This collection consists of approximately 2000 items, the majority having been digitised as part of the Trust's ongoing efforts to preserve age-sensitive material.
more
default image 8

Paper Dolls in the Clarendon Collection

tas
The Clarendon Collection includes a number of magazine type paper cut-out dolls together with an envelope post marked Melbourne 1931.
more
default image 5

R.Shott & Son Wood Souvenir Collection

tas
Tasmania is home to one of the few remaining intact early 20th century shop interiors in Australia.
more
default image 8

Reliques of Ancient English Architecture

tas
The National Trust has acquired a copy of Reliques of Ancient English Architecture which formed part of the library of leading colonial architect Robert George Thomas.
more

Ross Byers Kinetic Cart

tas
Ross Buyers described the concept of the project as " the cart has many kinetic components activated as the cart moves.
more

Scrapbooks of the 1850s from the Clarendon Collection

tas
The content of the books are a mixture often found from those days, with hand-written messages, poems, both original and copied, illustrations and pictures of local scenes and wildlife drawn by the owner and her acquaintances.
more
default image 4

Scrimshaw at Runnymede

tas
The barque Runnymede was built in 1849 by John Watson of Hobart for the Bayley brothers, Charles and James, who are closely associated with the beginnings of off-shore whaling in the region.
more
default image 4

Ships’ Logs Collection

tas
In 2010, as a result of a grant from the Maritime Museums of Australia Project Support Scheme, the Trust was able to digitize eleven 19th century hand-written ships' logs held in its collections.
more
default image 8

St James cemetery (Franklin Village) burial records

tas
In 1926 the church building was consecrated and renamed St James. As the only burial ground in the area the cemetery contains the graves of the pioneers of the district which stretched from Kings Meadows to Breadalbane and Relbia.
more

Stereographs in the Clarendon Collection

tas
In an upstairs study at Clarendon are a number of stereographs from the turn of the century together with a wooden stereoscope.
more
default image 1

Swap Cards in the Clarendon Collection

tas
In the Clarendon Collection are a number of "swap" cards describing cars, shipping-lines, London and filmstars
more