Volunteering with the National Trust will provide an insight into the history and heritage of the Northern Territory. The Trust has properties in the major centres, Darwin, Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Borroloola, Katherine and Pine Creek.
By offering to volunteer you will:
- Help to conserve the unique heritage of the Northern Territory
- Meet people and expand your circle of friends
- Share your knowledge and skills in a wide range of satisfying roles
- Learn from others and gain new skills
- Gain a sense of personal achievement through involvement
Roles and activities are many and varied in the Trust. Some activities are ongoing and some are project or event based.
- Assist in setting up displays/exhibitions
- Help at ‘high tea’ which is held at Burnett House
- House Attendant at one of our many properties
- Heritage walk guides
- Administration tasks,
- Upkeep of properties through gardening, working bees
- Assist with fundraising in association with many activities like Heritage Festivals, Open Garden Scheme and other occasional events