Railway Station Pine Creek

A evocative reminder of the former Northern Australia Railway and the great hopes held.

Pine Creek Railway Station is a former railway station on the former North Australia Railway in Pine Creek in the Northern Territory.  The railway was extended to Pine Creek in 1889 during the gold rush and was the southern terminus of the line until 1914.  The station operated until 1976, and during World War II Pine Creek was one of the four dispersal bases on the North Australian Railway with up to 147 services a week. The station precinct is the most complete remaining example of infrastructure associated with the North Australia Railway.

Today you will see one of the original Beyer Peacock locomotives on display and a former Western Australian Government Railways TA class diesel-electric shunting engine.  In addition to the railway building with waiting rooms, there is a large goods shed and a house for a railway employee.

Address:

217a Main Terrace Pine Creek 0847 NT

Open:

Open seasonally (May to September) for public inspection

Phone:
(08) 8976 1391
Entry Fees:

$2.00