The Pine Creek Museum is the oldest prefabricated corrugated iron building in Australia.
Pine Creek is the only original mining town remaining in the Top End from the gold rush era of the 1870s, and it’s National Trust Museum building is the oldest surviving prefabricated structure in the Northern Territory.
Originally the home of the mining warden in Burrundie, the building was moved to Pine Creek in 1913. Over the years it served many purposes, including as a doctors residence, clinic, dispensary, military hospital, post office and exchange.
Today the building houses the National Trust museum and the Victoria-Daly Regional Council library. Look through the building to find out more about the gold rush, local Chinese history, buffalo hunters and the Overland Telegraph Line.