Believed to be the first house in the Myilly Point Heritage Precinct to be built.
Magistrates House is a Type “E” house designed by architect Beni Burnett. It is believed to have been the first of the houses located in the Myilly Point Heritage Precinct to have been constructed. George Kafcaloudes, a local builder, was awarded the contract in 1939. It was completed later that year and was first occupied by magistrate C K Ward.
Magistrates House became the headquarters of the National Trust in 2000 and was its home until recently when the office relocated to Audit House.
Magistrate’s House is now leased by Territory Conveyancing Services.