How to use Facebook
Facebook is a great social tool to help you keep in touch with friends and follow organisations that interest you like the Australian Heritage Festival.
The Australian Heritage Festival uses Facebook to share pictures and digital media content and keep the public up to date with our latest news and events.
Facebook allows you to keep in touch with other organisers and spread the word about your event by posting on your page or by commenting on other pages.
Follow the Australian Heritage Festival page at www.facebook.com/AustralianHeritageFestival/ and become part of our growing Facebook community.
Follow this simple step-by-step guide to getting a Facebook account.
- Click here: www.facebook.com
- Fill in your name, email address, gender and date of birth. Choose a password and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- You will be taken through a three step process to set up your profile (which you can skip through if you prefer).
Step 1: Search for friends using any of your email accounts by entering your email address and selecting ‘Find Friends’.
Step 2: Fill in the school/college/university you attended (this is another option to find friends on Facebook who also attended these institutions).
Step 3: Upload a profile picture which you can upload from files on your computer or by taking a picture using a webcam.
Some tips to get you started
- You have no word limit on Facebook but short posts are more accessible
- Your posts will appear on our ‘timeline’ in chronological order
- Facebook is great for getting your photos and videos seen
- To upload a file, post your comment and press upload to browse for your file
- You can ‘share’ links from YouTube and they will appear on this Facebook page