Rippon Lea Estate
Rippon Lea is a large 19th century mansion surrounded by 7 hectares of Victorian pleasure gardens. It is listed on the National Heritage Register as one of the finest examples of original suburban estate in Australia.
Come and witness the beauty of nature. Wander around acres of green space, enjoy a picnic on the lawn, or just while away the day with magnificent views.
Some of the on-site experiences available:
• Hear some amazing stories about the mansion and the people who made it come to life, by joining one of our guides on a tour.
• Take an insightful tour around the 14-acre garden and discover its significant social history.
• Indulge in a memorable outdoor experience with our exclusive range of Grazed and Boxed picnic boxes, filled with gourmet treats and enjoy a picnic in the sprawling grounds.
• Explore the significant trees of Rippon Lea Estate with the C My Trees App and better appreciate their enormous benefits in tackling climate change.
• Hidden Rippon Lea is a sound and AR experience, which explores the hidden and underground water narratives that beneath visitors feet.
• Take a guided walk around the gardens with Bird Spotting Tours and discover the diverse family of birds that call Rippon Lea home.
• Shop lovingly handmade art and design on the sprawling lawns of Rippon Lea Estate at The Trust Makers’ Market on select Sundays each month