The National Trust of Australia (Queensland) has prepared a State Election Priorities document for the public to use to lobby their local candidates.
What is a State Election Priorities document?
<<Download the document>>
The document outlines the issues of concern as identified by National Trust of Australia (Queensland). You can use this document to ask questions of your candidates and gain firm election commitments in writing.
How can you use the document?
You can choose to:
- Email the document to your candidates asking them to respond to the questions;
- Write them a letter with the document attached asking them to respond to the questions; or
- Call and make an appointment to discuss the document with your candidates.
What should you do with any responses?
You may send any responses to:
- Your local newspaper or radio – newspapers, television, and radio are still the main way that election news is spread – to us and to our representatives.
The media may choose to use a journalist to report your story to the community.
- The National Trust of Australia (Queensland) email@example.com
The Trust will be comparing and ranking all the responses we receive and sharing them on our website and with our members, the media and the candidates. Every response counts!
- Local history, heritage and historical societies – these groups by their very nature are interested in heritage and can be enthusiastic helpers for your campaign.
Become more aware of the passion and concern for heritage issues and help candidates make firm election commitments before they are elected!