Contribute towards the conservation and restoration of the Pilgrim Uniting Church.
Pilgrim Uniting Church Conservation Appeal
The Pilgrim Uniting Church building, dedicated in 1867 as Stow Memorial Congregational Church, is a beautiful example of ‘Revival Gothic’ architecture. The magnificent organ, originally installed in the Pirie Street Methodist Church in 1855, was the largest in the colony and has been continually upgraded since then. It was rebuilt into the south gallery of Pilgrim Uniting Church in 1973 when the Pirie Street Methodist Church closed. The Church building is in use at least six days a week because the Congregation believes it is important to share this wonderful heritage facility with others. Pilgrim Uniting Church is in partnership with the Chinese (SA) Christian Church and enables other groups to use the church on a regular or irregular basis. Keeping the building useable for multiple purposes involves continual conservation, restoration and upgrading work