The church and graveyard are closely associated with the early European settlers of the Swan Valley, many of whom are buried in the graveyard.
St Mary’s Anglican Church, Middle Swan was constructed in 1869 on the site of an earlier (1840) mud-brick church designed by Magistrate TN Yule. Yule’s wife Lucy was the first person to be buried in the adjacent graveyard the year before.
The church contains a number of attractive stained glass windows installed from 1903.
The attractive lych gate was completed in 1959 as a memorial to Dr John Ferguson and his wife Isabella who came to the Swan Valley in 1859.
The church is in continuing use as a place of worship.
All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.