St Margaret’s Anglican Church was built in 1937 when the congregation outgrew the former building of St Mary’s.
The Church has two foundation stones – one from the former St Mary’s and one from St Margaret’s, laid by The Venerable Archdeacon CL Riley in May 1937.
St Margaret’s was designed by well-known architect WG Bennett and is unusual, being built without supporting pillars for the roof. The lack of these was accommodated by using external buttresses.
The Gothic Revival style church is located on the corner of Tyrell and Elizabeth Streets in Nedlands. The stained glass windows are also gothic in style.
Please consider making a donation to the conservation of St Margaret’s Church, Nedlands.
All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.